Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day Seventeen of my Scarf Challenge

Good Evening Everyone!

So today was day 17 of my scarf challenge. I wore a white infinity scarf with flowers on it. There is a very interesting and somewhat sad story to this scarf. Let me rephrase. Others find it sad. In a way though I find great joy and happiness in it.

Two summers ago I went up north to stay with my grandparents for a little over a month. We did not have a Kohl's where I lived until recently. So every time I went up to visit Grandma's we would go to Kohl's and shop as a sort of tradition. I loved it because Grandma always had great deals, coupons, and Kohl's cash so she would give me a budget but I could always get sooo much with it! Then usually I would find more then my allowed budget and she would usually cave and go a little over if she liked everything I had in the cart. That summer we were on our trip and I found a scarf that I just loved. Again way before I really wore them but I did like the idea of wearing them. It was an olive green/dark gray mix with magenta and tangerine flowers on it. It is one of my absolute favourite scarves. I liked that it was edgy mixed with girly. Grandma liked the scarf on me and said it would give me an excuse to come and visit when it got colder. We did end up buying two scarves that night but that flower one is probably in my top three favourite scarves and most worn at that. 

At my Grandma's funeral, in September, I wore the above mentioned olive/ dark gray scarf to her funeral since she loved flowers, gardening, butterflies, outdoors, etc. That night my aunt took my cousins and I shopping at Kohl's kind of to get our minds off of everything by shopping but also going to the one store that Grandma absolutely loved! Kohl's. 

While shopping, I came across a scarf that was identical to my olive green/ dark gray scarf except the background was white. I thought how perfect this one is literally the light version of my favourite scarf. I can wear this one when I do not want to be so dark. I showed it to my aunt and she instantly   knew why I loved it. The funny thing is that they were different brands. The white scarf is the Croft and Barrow while the olive green/ dark gray was Candies. I ended up getting the scarf for about $10.00 when it was originally $28.00. 

I still feel this was a secret little gift that Grandma some how arranged from up above. Either way I am glad I found it. Still not as worn as the darker complected scarf but still quite a bit. 



In this white scarf the tangerine (from the olive green/ dark gray scarf) is replaced with peach. 

Have a wonderful day.

-Widget-



No comments:

Post a Comment