Monday, March 2, 2015

Day Fourteen of my Scarf Challenge

Boo Everyone!

Welcome to day fourteen. So today I actually made my scarf fit my outfit. Usually it is the other way around. I had this adorable top with lace down the back that I wanted to wear. So I just paired a basic black honeycomb scarf with my top. 

This scarf I actually bought because I bought the same scarf in another colour. The first scarf was a taupe colour that I wear all the time. Part of the reason I wanted to do this scarf challenge was to change up what I wear more. It was also to challenge me in how I tie the scarves and make the same scarf look different by just tying it different. So I bought the taupe one when it was returned to my store from a different store as it was a scarf we never received. When I went away for my final day of training I found the scarf in black. Since it was my most worn scarf and it was in black and I did not own a black scarf it seemed like a basic necessity. Think of it as the little black dress of scarves. It was also a great steal as I planned to pay about $20.00 for it (after my discount) and ended up paying only $8.00. The store had markdowns that day and then the sale price was an additional 40% off. I love the pattern of it. It is a honeycomb pattern. It is thicker yarn but because of the large honeycomb holes I can wear it in warmer and cooler weather which is wonderful especially where I live. 


Sorry for the not so great photo tonight. The photos I took earlier did not come out.


I love the texture. It really is a deep dark black. 

Until tomorrow.

-Widget-



No comments:

Post a Comment